Awards and Recognition
Southern Ocean Medical Center is proud to have received the following recognition over the years.
It's always nice to be recognized for outstanding care, and the hospitals of Meridian Health have received their share of awards.
Southern Ocean Medical Center is proud to have received the following recognition over the years:
- Achieved Goal Zero meaning Southern Ocean Medical Center went 365 days without a health care-associated infection
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) for all diagnostic imaging modalities
- Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer, and part of the first system in New Jersey to earn national accreditation as
- Integrated Network Cancer Program by Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
- ACS-MBSA QIP Comprehensive Center by the American College of Surgeons, as the most comprehensive, quality bariatric surgery program in the region.
- Center of Excellence designation by the American Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- Certified by the Joint Commission
- Designated Primary Stroke Center
- Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Start! Fit-friendly Companies
- Magnet® designation for Nursing Excellence
- Recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award with
- Target StrokeSM Honor Roll Elite Plus.
- Received the highest-possible safety score, an “A” grade, from The Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety Score initiative
- Received The Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey (CIANJ) 2017 Extraordinary Good Works Award which pays tribute to the kindness and generosity of businesses in the community.
- Recipient of The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers.
- Recipient of American Hospital Association’s (AHA) 2016 Most Wired Designation for Hospitals & Health Networks
- Recipient of American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) accreditation