About Our Rehabilitation Services
Southern Ocean Medical Center offers a variety of rehabilitation programs and services to help our patients in New Jersey regain quality of life after disability due to a disease or injury. Services are available on an inpatient and outpatient basis, depending on each individual’s needs.
Southern Ocean provides many specialty therapy programs, including:
* Therapy to control bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction disorders. This includes urinary and fecal incontinence, back pain during and after pregnancy, interstitial cystitis causing urinary urgency, endometriosis causing abdominal pain or constipation, surgical adhesions or irritable bowel syndrome and infertility. Treatment for these disorders include myofascial release, trigger point therapy, visceral manipulation, connective or soft tissue mobilization, biofeedback, diet or routine modification, electrical stimulation and therapeutic exercise.
* Lymphedema therapy treats swelling of the head, neck or extremities that have undergone lymph node dissection, surgery, radiation therapy, or cancer treatment. This condition is treated by manual lymphatic drainage, meticulous skin care, compression wrapping, therapeutic exercise, and ongoing education.
* Vestibular therapy is an exercise-based program to treat inner ear deficits. Therapy can help with vertigo and reduced inner ear function on one or both sides.
* The Graston technique uses an instrument to break down scar tissue and reduce inflammation that causes pain and restricted mobility from tendonitis, sprain or strain, and other joint and muscle disorders.
* Vital stimulation is a safe and effective treatment for patients who have difficulty swallowing after a stroke or illness. During this therapy, electrical stimulation is used to strengthen muscles and rehabilitate swallowing.
* LSVT “loud and big” is an intensive speech and physical therapy treatment for individuals with Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions. This therapy focuses on amplitude and sensory recalibration to improve communication and mobility. Exercises help to stimulate the motor system and effectively improve voice, intonation, articulation, walking, balance, and large limb movements.
* Aquatic therapy is a great alternative to land-based therapies. It provides low-impact exercises in a buoyancy-assisted environment. Warm water helps decrease swelling, relaxes muscles, improves circulation and decreases joint stress.
The Full Continuum of Rehabilitative Care
As part of the Meridian Health family we also offer access to a seamless continuum of the highest quality of comprehensive rehabilitative health care including Acute Rehabilitation, Subacute Rehabilitation, Outpatient Rehabilitation, and Home Care Rehabilitation.
- Southern Ocean Center for Health, 730 Lacey Road, Forked River, NJ 08731
Southern Ocean Center for Health, 279 Mathistown Road, Little Egg Harbor, NJ 08087
Southern Ocean Medical Center, 1140 Route 72 West, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
The Ocean Club Fitness Center, 700 Route 9 South, Stafford Township, NJ 08092
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-560-9990 or 1-800-DOCTORS.