Center for Joint Health
Why Joint Replacement?Normally our bodies are supposed to provide us with smooth, pain-free movement. However, as we age, our bodies undergo change, that sometimes results in joint pain of the knees, hips, and shoulders. Joint pain is not only uncomfortable but also prevents you from doing the everyday activities you enjoy.
Common Causes of Joint PainCommon causes of joint pain are often a result of over use, sprains, fractures, and arthritis. In order to determine the best treatment option for your joint pain, it is important to familiarize yourself with the usual causes and symptoms associated with joint pain, as well as understand your options in maintaining healthy bones and joints.
Total Joint at Southern Ocean Medical CenterAt the Center for Joint Health at Southern Ocean Medical Center, our expert team is dedicated to helping you through every facet of your surgical experience. Our goal is to provide the clinical skill, education and support you need to successfully reduce your pain, restore function and get you moving and through an improved quality of life.
Our Center for Joint Health provides comprehensive integrated services for patients who need hip or knee replacement surgery.
- Total joint surgery including total hip replacement and total knee replacement
- Partial knee replacement
- Gender-Specific Knee Replacement
- Partial hip replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Revision of Knee and Hip
Listen to orthopedic surgeon Stanley Michael, M.D. discuss the joint replacement program at Southern Ocean Medical Center during an interview on WOBM AM.
Total PackageFor many patients, the road to treatment and eventual recovery seems an overwhelming task, but at the Joint Health Center at Southern Ocean Medical Center your journey back to mobility is not an individual effort. We understand that making the decision to have a joint replacement or spine surgery is a difficult one. We do everything we can to facilitate a quick and comfortable recovery, including a pre-operative education class designed to provide you with comprehensive information about your procedure and to answer any questions you may have.
10 Things to Consider Before Joint Replacement
At a GlanceExperience
• Our team of physicians, clinicians, and support staff are part of a center that has performed thousands of joint replacements.
• A skilled and expert team of surgeons
Rehabilitation: The Full Continuum of Care
• Acute rehabilitation therapy
• The Transitional Care Unit
• Outpatient rehabilitation with convenient locations in Ocean and Monmouth counties
• Home Rehabilitation through Meridian At Home
• Sophisticated diagnostic imaging services, including MRI, X-Ray, and CT Scan
• A dedicated, fully renovated inpatient orthopedics unit, featuring private rooms and a designated therapy gym
• Comprehensive pain management services
• As a guest or patient of Southern Ocean Medical Center you also have access to Concierge Care to assist with non-clinical needs.
Learn More. Move More. Join the MovementMeet our Movement Experts
Join the Meridian Movement
Southern Ocean Medical Center, 1140 Route 72 West, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-560-9990 or 1-800-DOCTORS.